Royal Leaf is proud to announce the launch of our new Liposomal CBD Tincture 300mg. The main constituent of our new product, cannabidiol or CBD, has medical researchers excited over its potential to restore and sustain homeostasis in the body. In fact, CBD is becoming one of the most popular tools in self-care, whether you are suffering from illness or want to maintain good health overall.
Research has shown CBD's balancing characteristics could have positive effects on a host of physiologic systems and processes, including:
- the immune system and the inflammatory response
- the endocrine system and metabolic functions
- the central nervous system and mood stabilization
- the musculoskeletal system and exercise recovery
- and many more
CBD's phenomenal qualities are widely praised by users, and there is a growing body of informative literature available online. Science is increasingly recognizing the tremendous potential that CBD has to offer.
While our amazement with CBD remains unwavering, it is our new product's innovative liposomal delivery method that has us particularly excited. This groundbreaking technology has been shown to increase bioavailability even more than standard liposomes do. Increased bioavailability means higher serum CBD levels, which can improve CBD’s overall potency and efficacy. It is that simple and truly amazing.
What Is Bioavailability?
Bioavailability is simply defined as the amount of the active form of a drug or substance that enters the systemic circulation unaltered. Another succinct definition by the U.S. Department of Human Health and Services explains that bioavailability is:
“...A measure of the rate and extent to which a drug is absorbed and becomes available at the site of drug action in the body.” 
Our new liposomal delivery system ensures that even more active CBD reaches areas in the body where it is needed most.
What Is a Liposome?
Liposomes are formulations based on self-(nano)emulsifying drug delivery, or SEDDs.
According to one scientific article, this is how it works:
“The base formulation, which is an isotropic mixture of an active compound in combination with lipids, surfactants, and a co-solvent, has been called a pro-nano-liposphere (PNL) pre-concentrate[…]When it reaches the aqueous phase of the gastrointestinal tract, the PNL spontaneously forms a drug-encapsulated oil/water micro-emulsion with a particle diameter of less than 60 nm. The clinical usefulness of SEDDS, which stems from their ability to increase the solubility and oral bioavailability of poorly soluble drugs, have led to them attracting considerable interest.”
Valimenta, a supplement manufacturer, translates this to simpler terms. They describe liposomes as "tiny nano-sized bubbles with an outer shell composed of healthy lipids and a hollow aqueous center that can be filled with a variety of substances."
Examples of such substances include drugs, CBD, and other nutrients such as vitamins A and B, and CoQ10.
Liposomal technology led to major advancements in how many substances are absorbed by the body, specifically by increasing the bioavailability of essential nutrients, compounds, and phospholipids. Clinical studies have shown, for these substances (when taken orally) to have greater bioavailability, and thus greater effect, they need protection from both the gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary systems involved in digestion. This is exactly what protection liposomes can offer. For example:
“Liposomal molecules are designed to hold hydrophilic (water-soluble) [substances] in its center and phospholipids and hydrophobic (oil-soluble) [substances] in its outer membrane.” 
Why Is Liposomal Delivery Important?
Liposomes’ greatest benefit is the improved delivery of drugs or other substances into systemic circulation. Liposomal delivery systems have been shown to be extremely useful in the treatment of many serious health conditions. One study demonstrated the improved efficacy of oral liposomal Vitamin C in the treatment of ischemia-reperfusion injury. This injury occurs when tissues are damaged by blood returning after a period of ischemia (lack of oxygen). This is particularly crucial in the treatment of heart disease and stroke.
“These data suggest that oral delivery of Vitamin C encapsulated in liposomes: 1) produces circulating concentrations of Vitamin C that are greater than traditional oral administration; and, 2) provides protection from ischemia-reperfusion that is similar to the protection provided by intravenous administration.” 
Results of the study showed that more Vitamin C was detected in the blood of test subjects who took liposomal Vitamin C supplements compared to those who took traditional Vitamin C supplements. In addition, the liposomal Vitamin C preparation displayed the same efficacy as intravenous Vitamin C. in protecting against tissue damage. (Intravenous administration of Vitamin C offers 100% bioavailability and is considered the most efficacious.)
So how do liposomal delivery systems apply to CBD?
Currently there is minimal scientific research pertaining to liposomal CBD, thus creating a need for more well-designed clinical research. However, a new patent-pending technology has emerged from a study of hemp liposomal delivery, and we are impressed by the results.
This revolutionary liposomal delivery system is called CELLg8® hemp liposomes and is set to dramatically change the cannabis world.
Credit: Adapted from https://www.puffinhemp.com
Next Generation Liposomal Delivery: Enter CELLg8™
Developed by Valimenta, this innovative liposomal delivery system promises even greater absorption rates, specifically of CBD. According to a recent study, Cellg8 liposomes led to absorption rates up to 17 times higher than traditional oral preparations.
In a study published in the American Journal of Endocannabinoid Medicine, the authors describe CELLg8™ as "an advanced liposomal cannabinoid preparation standardized for cannabidiol."
During this study, researchers investigated changes in the blood profiles of 10 healthy adults, whose ages were between 25 and 70 years, before and after taking CELLg8™ hemp for 30 days. A comprehensive metabolic panel (CMP) and complete blood count (CBC) were measured in each test subject and used in the assessment of clinical outcome.
Credit: Sourced from https://www.puffinhemp.com/liposomal-hemp-clinical-trials/
- A CMP is a panel of numerous tests that gives important information about the status of a person’s metabolism. This includes kidney and liver health, electrolyte and acid/base balance, and levels of blood glucose and blood proteins. 
- A CBC panel evaluates the cells that circulate in the circulating blood. These include red blood cells, white blood cells, and platelets. AACC Lab Tests Online explains that a CBC panel can aid in evaluating overall health and is useful in the detection of a variety of diseases and conditions, such as infections, anemia, and leukemia. 
“...showed that of 340 blood tests administered, 339 improved or remained the same at day 30. One patient showed an increase in absolute eosinophil or neutrophil count from 319 to 573 cells/µL (normal range, 15-500 cells/µL). Furthermore, all 5 individuals who had high glucose levels at baseline showed normal levels on day 30 of liposomal cannabidiol treatment. In conclusion, this study demonstrated the safety of CELLg8™ Hemp and the potential efficacy of this preparation to lower fasting blood glucose levels.” 
The authors of this study concluded that Cellg8 liposomal CBD was considered safe for use, had no side effects, and improved fasting blood glucose in some cases.
This is but one study, but reveals the potential for such technology, and the need for larger, global exploration.
Our new liposomal CBD tincture 300 is not only exceptional and superior to other hemp-based products because of this innovative technology. Its other superpower is a full-spectrum profile that dramatically increasing potency and efficacy, thus optimizing CBD’s potential benefits.
What to Expect from Your Liposomal CBD 300mg
New to taking CBD? Here are some of the beneficial effects you should hope to see.
- CBD appears to garner more and more medical interest, and many users swear by it. The science very simply suggests that CBD supports the body's innate homeostasis regulator, the endocannabinoid system (ECS). It does so by influencing the cannabinoid receptors found in many cells, including immune cells. The ECS regulates many physiological processes such as immune function and inflammation. With our new Liposomal CBD 300 mg’s revolutionary liposomal delivery system, you can expect CBD to be a superstar in your supplement arsenal against many disease conditions, including osteoarthritis.
- CBD has been shown to have beneficial effects in treating anxiety. Limited clinical research has been conducted in this field, but studies have demonstrated an “anxiolytic-like effect of CBD.” . CBD has shown promise in treating many mental health diseases including obsessive-compulsive disorders, panic disorders, social phobias, and posttraumatic stress disorder.
- Even professional athletes swear by its anti-inflammatory, and analgesic properties important in exercise recovery.
- Many swear by CBD's ability to promote sleep in people struggling with anxiety-related insomnia.
- Another example of one of CBD’s many impressive qualities is its exceptional safety profile. Non-medicinal CBD oils and tinctures are generally considered safe for use in people (and pets) of all ages.
Our new liposomal CBD tincture 300mg’s novel delivery technology offers optimal absorption, or, superior bioavailability. It is flavored with the fresh taste of fruity citrus to enhance compliance. Taken regularly, this product potentially has marked health benefits, either for daily maintenance or to aid in the treatment of specific health conditions. We recommend consulting with your physician prior to adding a CBD product to your daily self-care routine.